Friday, May 18, 2012

bout weekend WAHOO

This bout's kinda cool because it is about ten minutes away from where I went to college (Vassar), so I'm leaving a few hours earlier and gonna take some time and wander around the campus.  I haven't been back in years, so it'll be interesting to see how things have changed since the (gulp) early 90's.  Plus there's a Sonic on the way WAHOO.

Saturday will be my last bout for the season; I took myself off the availability for the final home bout (June 2).  I've been helping out with the fresh meat skaters and they have a scrimmage the last practice before the home bout, and I said I'd skate in that, and I need to be going to practices with them, and Roy has to work the weekend of the bout and someone would need to keep an eye on Maverick, and so on and so on and so forth.  So yeah, this'll be it for me for the season.  (there's a final away bout on June 16, but I have had too many things going on on weekends for the last year now, so I've been cutting back in the last few months).

This season was....weird.  Being out for several months for my knee injury was really frustrating, and I felt like I never really got my mojo back completely.  (That whole away bout thing didn't help either.)   We get, like, a month off, and then start practices again in August for the home season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment