Wednesday, August 15, 2012

so an update of sorts

So let's see...big news?  Any?  I got food poisoning last week (food poisoning really sucks.  Who knew?) and missed the first home team practice of the season.  We scrimmaged on the 9th and I think I did ok.  Had practice on Monday and I almost puked during the warm up; so what else is new.  I've found that I sweat a lot more profusely than I have in the past; apparently this is not a bad thing.

The corn on my heel doesn't seem to be getting much better.  Plow stops really frickin' hurt.  I have a follow up appointment on Tuesday; I'll have to ask my dermatologist for some suggestions.

We're coming up on league elections again; no one has really stepped forward and it's REALLY REALLY HARD for me not to go "well.....I suppose I could run for vice president..." NO, QUEENIE, NO.  Just....NO.  I can't handle the extra time/stress/whathaveyou.  I've done my part.  Someone else needs to step forward.

Our team is very short-staffed this season; we have two pregnant members, one who just gave birth about a week ago, one who's recovering from ACL surgery, one who's got foot problems....anyone else out?  Hrm.  At any rate, the other home teams seem to be hovering around 15-16 members. We have ten.  BUT WE CAN DO IT.  WE WON THE LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THAT MANY PEOPLE.  At the first league scrimmage NO ONE complained about having to do multiple jams in a row.  We are a great unit together and I'm very happy it's home season again.


No comments:

Post a Comment