Monday, August 19, 2013

eerps

I didn't realize it'd been so long since I last posted.  I know all y'all are HANGING ON  MY EACH AND EVERY WORD.

First home season practice was last Thursday and it was bittersweet for me - YAY IT'S A NEW SEASON OF ROLLER DERBY but BOO I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SKATE FOR A LONG TIME.  The practice itself was fun, except for the part where I started to get a little light-headed and realized oh yeah, the only things I'd had to eat that day were half a donut and two slices of bread (husband got home late from work so I didn't have dinner beforehand).

Team practice tonight and then my surgery on Wednesday.  Sigh.  On the plus side, my doctor said I should be able to go back to skating after six weeks, not eight like he said before.  So that's something, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment