Friday, January 24, 2014

Upcoming stuff and whatnot

ECDX is coming up, and if I want to do a fun challenge bout, I'll have to start thinking about it soon.

Hopefully my team will get one of the non-fun challenge bouts.  (When I say "non-fun", I mean, like, not one of the "stars vs. stripes" or whatever bouts.) 

Scrimmaged last night - jammed twice.  Didn't break the pack either time but I did not stop moving my feet and I did not give up, which I guess counts for something.  I got a bruise on my hand from my wrist guard; ow.
Like I said, ow.
In other news, remember all the trouble I had last year with my left skate plate and my toestop?  IT'S HAPPENING WITH THE RIGHT ONE NOW.  Whee.  I'm gonna have to write to the company. I mean, I love the plates otherwise; they're light and awesome and all that, but it's a pain.

I've been using the small wheels on my skates, too, and it seems to be going pretty well.  I can keep up with the packs and whatnot.  I have a little bit more of an issue with plow stops, but that's nothing that practice won't cure.  My leaguemates are intrigued by them; one friend of mine says they're Fisher-Price wheels.




No comments:

Post a Comment