Friday, July 9, 2010

hey, we're bouting tomorrow. whee!

it's been crazy hot and humid here the last week.  It's breaking a little today, but with our venue being hot hot hot, tomorrow will be interesting. (You'd think that a venue that houses an ice rink half the year would have the capability to be cooler, but nooooooooooooooooooooo) I bought a bunch of spray bottles to keep at the benches that hopefully will help things.  Yes, I am aware this is like fighting a forest fire with a spray bottle, but every little bit helps, right? RIGHT?

I'm taking a leave of absence.  I need to get my life back in order after everything that's gone on, and I need to take care of a few treasurer-y things (um, budget reports? filing the league tax returns? might be a good idea).  Now is kind of the downtime for our team (we don't bout again until September), so I can take four weeks and not worry about missing attendance.

So I met with our attorney yesterday, and he brought in one of his partners, too.  WE'RE SO IMPORTANT WE REQUIRE MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS!  The other attorney looked at the list of questions the IRS provided us, looked at my list of (hastily-thrown together) answers, talked to me for a while, and said "Okay, I'll draft our response and send it to you for review." I was like "what?  You mean you'll do it for us?  I don't have to do it? OMFG I LOVE YOU YOU ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU." 

They're doing the mid-season assessments in two weeks.  I would have been on the list if not for my leave of absence, but like I said before, I wouldn't have done it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment