Thursday, July 1, 2010

so the first six months of this year fucking SUCKED

and now it's July and hopefully the back half of 2010 will be better and no more of the women in my family will FUCKING DIE.  Sheesh.

So I'm surviving, more or less.  Denial helps.  We've got a bout on the 10th that we're gearing up for.  Our team is dwindling as more people get injured or lose their health insurance.  We're just barely getting a full 14 skater roster.  I was voted MVP of our away about, yay for that, and Coach Dude asked me in passing on Monday's practice if I would be able to attend Tuesday (read: travel team) practices, because the season mid-point is coming up and they might be switching people around.

Even if I was picked for the travel team this time around, I wouldn't do it.  A, their schedule is super mega hella ultra crazy, B, I'm the captain of the team and it's not fair to be all "HEY GREENER PASTURES BYE GUYS YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN WHOOOOOOOOSH", and 3, the whole "big fish/little pond" thing which I have come to enjoy.

(and yes I know I did the A,B,3 thing.  IT'S HUMOR. Or something like that.)

Our 501(c)(3) application came back from the IRS with a bunch of additional information they need.  Wheeeeee!  "Why do you want to be a 501(c)(3) corporation?" BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE MY LIFE EASIER.  ISN'T THAT REASON ENOUGH?  Sigh.  They need all this stuff back by the 20th or something, and I've been dealing with it by putting it on my desk with all the other swirling piles of papers and ignoring it.

So have I hit full on babble mode yet?  I think so.  Wheeeeee!

I haven't been skating outside as much as I'd like. Mostly because when Roy cleaned my car (he does that every once in a while), he took out my skates and pads and put them in the basement AND I AM TOO LAZY TO GO DOWN TO THE BASEMENT AND PUT THEM BACK IN MY CAR. (Why do I keep them in my car? So I don't have to clomp down to the basement to get them.  THERE IS A METHOD TO MY MADNESS.)

So we've got a bout on the 10th and then a scrimmage on the 18th and then a big stretch of desert where we don't have anything scheduled until a bout on September 11.  We have a few mini-vacationy type things in there as well (visiting my sister in CT, going to Pittsburgh to see a Mets game because Maverick is a big ol' Mets fan ['cause Roy is a Yankees fan, methinks]).  The Steel City Derby Demons have a bout while we're going to be there but Roy doesn't want to go, sigh argh bleh.  Still trying to convince him that I will just go by myself and he can pick me up or somesuch.

So there was that whole brou-ha-ha about Cincinnati and the wire fraud chick.  Everyone's like: OMFG HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON?  Well, when travel is as expensive as it is for a roller derby league (and I would know, 'cause I'm the treasurer and I get to write all the checks) if someone says (as I imagined the wire fraud chick said) "Hey, I can get you discounted tickets through my job, all you'd need to do is pay me back", you'd say "OMFG SIGN ME UP!" and not think about the legality of it all. (Which made me frantically contact our league person who gets us hotel discounts through her job and say "Um, you're not committing wire fraud, are you?" and she laughed and said she wasn't.)

So....this turned out to be a wall of text.

More random bitlets about the away bout: I looooooooooooooooved the floor.  If I weren't already married I would have married this floor.  It was polished concrete and it was fast but not OH NOOOOOO I CAN'T CONTROL MY WHEELS I AM GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Loved, loved, loved the floor.

The afterparty was completely awesome-flavored.  Walking distance from the hotel, $1.00 jello shots and a great DJ? WIN WIN WIN.  Our home bout afterparties so far have been all "sit in a thoroughly overcrowded bar watching other people play pool and you had to park three blocks away." I NEED DANCYPANTS AFTER A BOUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment