Tuesday, September 28, 2010

back on skates

I realized a few days ago that with the exception of one time a few weeks ago, I haven't been on skates at practice since July.

Eep.

So last night I returned to practice in a non-contact way. (Amusing story - when I got the cast and stitches removed from my hand, the medical resident was going through all the stuff I can and can't do, the realm of contact sports came up.  She asked me what I played, I told her, she said "oh, I went to your last bout last season.  What's your derby name?" and called roller derby "*the* contact sport")  I got through the warm up with little problem, but realized that even with a band-aid over my healing scar, it was still getting sweaty (I'm not supposed to have it in "standing dirty water" for a week), so after about 20 minutes I took my skates off and watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment