Thursday, September 16, 2010

sigh

so tonight begins Roy Underkill's bowling league.  While I am thrilled that he gets out of the house and socializes with other guys, I really wish it was on a night when I don't have practice.  True that it's not an issue now because I am not skating, but once I'm back on skates, it sucks having to miss scrimmage night.  (Especially since our season is starting earlier next year, I'll have to deal with four months of this, rather than the usual two.)

Maybe now that Maverick's older, I can try and track down some neighbor teenager who'd be willing to sit on our sofa and watch big-screen TV for a few hours every Thursday night.  Last season I'd ask my parents to do it, but it's kind of a drive for my Dad. (I will have to have him do it a least a few times, since I can't make attendance just going to two practices a week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment