Friday, June 29, 2012

and the beat, it goes on

so last night I was helping out with the Quarry and we were running "jam at a time", which basically meant that I jammed for 45 minutes straight.  WHEE.  By the end I was intentionally cutting the track to try and pull a major so I could sit down. (We ran it so that skaters were only out ten seconds, so I swore at the penalty box timer to try and get an insubordination major.)

I had a few surprising moments of agility, though - one where I did a very successful juke around a blocker and squeaked past her, and another where I kept trying to step but kept landing on, like, the side of my skate, but I didn't fall.  I eventually got my footing right and went through the pack.

Then I had a few unsurprising moments of no agility, like where I was approaching the back of the pack at full speed, tried to tomahawk to stop my momentum, and promptly fell over.

No comments:

Post a Comment