Tuesday, April 16, 2013

bout week wahoo

so my new plate works, yay!  no more cranked up to high heaven toe stops! 

last night's practice, I was using a friend's wheels (Radar Diamonds that were regrooved down to a narrower diameter), except they weren't regrooved down evenly, so it was a bit bumpy.  Between that and trying to loosen my trucks, I was a bit all over the place.

I did have one YAY ME moment, though, when we were scrimmaging.  I was jamming, and at the jammer line, everyone lined up so there happened to be a nice clear open lane for me on the outside.  Waiting for the whistle, I kept thinking "I can't screw this up, I can't screw this up, please don't let [blocker on the other side who's a really hard hitter] see me, I can't screw this up" and as soon as the whistle blew I just ran and got lead jammer.  Like I said, YAY ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment