Tuesday, September 3, 2013

so

Saturday afternoon, shortly after drinking a 20 ounce bottle of water, I had a coughing fit.

and nothing happened.

It was amazing. 

Seriously.  Y'all may not understand - I've spent the last three years of my life having to do all these little tricks and lifehacks to not wet my pants when I cough/sneeze/jump more than once, and to not have to do that..it's going to take a while to get used to.

My follow up appointment is on Thursday.  I'm hoping that my doctor will let me go back on skates, at the very least (when I asked him about going back and he said "six weeks", I'd asked about "playing roller derby") in a week or so. 

I also hope that I can get a green light quickly because I signed up for an Intro to Parkour class!  "Adult Beginner classes are designed for any adult looking to get their foot in the door into the parkour world. We offer rolling admission to all classes – there is no start or end date. Curriculum changes week to week and encompasses all forms of basic vaults, balancing, quadrupedal movements, and climbing."  

I signed Maverick up for a kid class, and we're both pretty excited about it. 

I need to find more stuff like this - jogging and weight lifting and cross training and all that, I hate with the intensity of a thousand suns and want to die.  Roller derby and orienteering, I absolutely adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment