Thursday, April 10, 2014

pre-op appointment

(I'm going to be twins with Al Roker!) 

the guy was impressed with my range of motion and strength (yay me?) and said he thought I would be a good candidate for a full recovery.

He also had me try on the sling I'm going to have to wear.  Um.  Four to six weeks* with my right arm strapped across my chest; whee!  Not sure how I'm going to operate a computer; although I'm left handed I use a mouse right-handed.  Whee.

*he said that the number of sutures they have to use to fix the tear will determine how long I have to be in the sling.  

So there's a bout on Saturday - I don't think I mentioned that - (my team isn't playing).  I'm not going, though, doing something with the family.  One of my leaguemates has stepped up to be Box Office Manager, and she's done this before, so I am very grateful to her.   

The night before there's an open Retro Skate at the venue, and I'm going.  I'll skate, too - it'll be my last chance for a long, long while.  I figure as long as no one knocks me down, I'll be ok.  

No comments:

Post a Comment