Monday, April 7, 2014

so it's been a while.

My shoulder has been doing a lot better, and I was like "OMG maybe it got misdiagnosed and I can still play and everything'll be okay!"  

Then yesterday I was reading Cycle of Lies (about Lance Armstrong) and read about him getting (amongst everything else under the sun) cortisone shots, and I remembered "oh yeah, I got a cortisone shot when I went to the doctor.  God dammit."
-------
The surgery is scheduled for April 16.  I just wanted to get it done and over with.   Six weeks without driving is going to absolutely suck, lemme tell ya.  We'll have to figure out how I'm going to get to work and whatnot.  My friends have stepped forward with getting me to practices, so that's taken care of.

People that I've talked to say that Shoulder Doc Guy is THE guy in our area to see, so that's encouraging.  

Going to the WFTDA conference in May in Vegas will be interesting - cross country travel with my arm in a brace!  Wheeeeeeeeee!
-------
Our coach has asked me to be the team's bench manager.  I'll miss a few bouts but will be doing that for the remainder of the travel season (end of July/beginning of August).  After that, I'll NSO.

I am supposed to take it easy for six months after the surgery, which puts me at mid-October.  (mid-home season.)    

At that point, I think I am going to try to be a referee.

Everyone I've mentioned this too thinks it's an awesome idea.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment