Wednesday, August 25, 2010

and so

we've got a bit of a drama spill right now.  I'm trying to organize a team to cap it up before it destroys the fragile ecosystem of the league (since I was involved, through no fault of my own). Nothing too major (miscommunication + a few busybodies) but it's annoying and distracting and just makes me want to cover my ears and go LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA but I can't, 'cause like I said, I'm involved.

I had to get impressions done on my teeth today for something dental related, and I asked my dentist if he'd make me a mouthguard while he was at it.  (I had a tooth guard I'd gotten for my TMJ that was wonderful and perfect [it covered my bottom teeth only so I could talk and breathe easily] but probably not entirely bout-proper, so when I lost it I had to go back to my hard to talk, hard to breathe but bout-proper upper guard.)  While I was there his assistant saw my purse with all my derby pins on it, so I had to explain it, and she wants to now come to our November bout and was trying to wrangle my dentist into coming.    The mouthguard will show up one practice before my surgery, so I'll get to try it out at least once.

(Unless they let me skate the day after the surgery, all woozy and hopped up on Vicodin.  Somehow, I don't see that happening.)

Our poor team!  We are beset with injuries.  Of our eighteen skater roster (we lost one at the start of the season but picked up a veteran when she came back from maternity leave), six are injured (I'm including myself in that six), one is moving at the end of the month and one is having life issues and hasn't been at practice in a few weeks.  The returning skater hasn't assessed yet, so that leaves us with NINE.  Sigh.  We have to scramble for alternates and subs for all our bouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment