Tuesday, August 17, 2010

back in the proverbial saddle again

Literally fifteen seconds after I walked through the door for my first practice back after a month of leave, our team's resident whiner/complainer came up to me and whined/complained at me about something.

It's like I never left.

It was very good to be back.  It was obvious that I hadn't been on skates in a while (I gasped and wheezed my way through warm-up, and was a little skitterish and fell stupidly a few times), but I held my own and kept up and got right back into the routine of scrimmaging and all that.  My blood blister returned, oh happy frabjoyous rapture, so I've got a bunch of band-aids slapped on it and am limping my way through the day.

I will be missing Thursday's practice and Saturday's away bout because I'll be out of town (boo), but then I will get a few weeks of full practice until my hand surgery.  I really hope that I'm not out that long for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment