Friday, September 23, 2011

my knee is ow.

So last night was scrimmage. I felt like crap and I don't much like playing against the A team sometimes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we only improve by playing teams that are better than us, but it's still really frickin' annoying sometimes.  So basically I was turning into Sullen Mad Kicktoria, which means I turned into Playing Like Crap Kicktoria, and then my kneepad slid when I fell and I re-opened a scab that was just about healed and I basically said "FUCK IT" and skated off the track DURING THE MIDDLE OF A JAM.  (In my defense, I thought the jam was over, as there were eighteen thousand whistles blowing over penalties and I thought they were end-of-jam whistles.)

So I took a while off skates, got my knee re-band-aided and duct taped, and by the time we reached the half and our team started playing each other (we divide in half), I was better and okay.

At one point last night, Coach Dude was talking to us and said something about how the A team "has years of experience [up] on us", which upset a few of us on the team, myself included.  I started on the league before at least 90% of the A team - they *don't* have years of experience up on me.  Sigh.

Anyway, tomorrow is bout day wahoo and road trip wahoo yay :)

After this Saturday, we don't have a bout until November 19.  I think I might take a few practices off to heal my knee and my left ankle, which has started to bug me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment