Tuesday, September 13, 2011

teh recapzar

One of the things that really is an asset to our team, I think, is our endurance.  We chug along in practice past the point where we all wanna (a) die (b) get some water (c) die, but it comes in handy when the other team is gasping and slowing down and we're all YEAH, WE'RE STILL GOING GRAR ARGH!!!!!

This happened on Saturday.

The other team started getting really sloppy towards the end, falling at the slightest wobble (which, in turn, made *us* fall, as we'd trip over them).

So we won, and yay and excitement, but I think we're all kinda getting to the point where these wins aren't as satisfying as they could be.  We learned yesterday that there were only about four true B-level players on the team, and the rest were first-time bouters and Fresh Meat.

I'm getting a little tired of away teams deciding that these games are a training ground for brand new skaters.  I WANT A CHALLENGE.  I want to get as freaked out and ecstatic as I did when we won that bout by the last jam.

Anyway.

Fresh Meat Boot Camp started Sunday, and that was a lot of fun.  I'm captain of a team of twelve skaters (eleven women and one guy), and we go from station to station and they learn how to do stuff.  I have some people in my team who are A-MAY-ZING and some who really need to get more stable pronto.  It's very cool and I really like doing it.  (It was also interesting watching them do, say, twenty minutes of single knee and double knee fall practice, and gasp for a water break.  Reminds me of how far we've come as a league.)

Last night was team practice and we're not resting on our laurels, we're going to an away bout in 2 weeks (against the team we just played, and we KNOW they're going to be putting some of their A-level team players in, which will be the challenge we were looking for, but still). 

No comments:

Post a Comment