Tuesday, February 7, 2012

sigh

so I went to team practice last night.  I brought my skates so I could use them as ankle weights for some of my exercises, but honestly they're so light it didn't really make much of a difference.


At one point I ended up sitting on the bench, holding and stroking one of them like I was Blofeld and it was a white cat.  Then I started calling them "MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS".  Like I said above, sigh.

One of my teammates got new skates recently as well, and she had to take them off and put ice on her feet because they were hurting her so much.  I picked one up and was amazed at how heavy they were.  (They were Bont boots and some sort of plate with a jump bar.)  I hope they work out for her in the end.

On Wednesday I'm going to help out one of my teammates teach kids at her school how to skate, because their school is doing a production of Xanadu.  WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE DONE COOL STUFF LIKE THAT IN HIGH SCHOOL??!?!?!!!?!?!?!?  I won't be on skates, but hopefully they'll let me out on the rink and I can be encouraging and whatnot.


No comments:

Post a Comment