Friday, February 17, 2012

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY SKATING

So I skated last night at practice!  With my new skates!  Yay!

The Boots (Riedell 495) - they will take some breaking in (the edges are not padded, so they're rubbing up against my ankle), but they're very nice and snug and all that.  The heel-lock doesn't really seem to do that much.

The Plates (Sure-Grip Avenger, White Magnesium) - This is my first time on 45 degree plates.  I really noticed a difference (though it probably would've been a greater difference if I hadn't been off skates for over a month).  My turns seemed sharper, the (limited) cutting I did was quicker.  And they're so light!

The Wheels (Radar Diamond, 94A) - I want to marry these wheels.

So yeah.  I had PT again this morning and Jeremy told me I could skate again at Sunday's practice, same as Thursday (nice and gentle), and then mid-next week (we don't have practice but I might go to Adult Night Skate on Wednesday) I could work on picking up speed and starting cross-overs, and then the week after that I could get more into one-on-one drills.  Yaaaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment