Friday, March 9, 2012

yay!

so I went to practice last night figuring I would do just random skating around the outside edges. 

But then I actually tried putting my kneepad on over my brace (as opposed to when I did it before, which was in the back seat of my car in a rush and whatnot) and.....

It wasn't bad at all.  The back initial straps were a little strained, but I could crank the second level of straps down and they held.

So that meant, in the last part of the evening, I GOT TO SCRIMMAGE WAHOO!  For the first time in, like, a real long time (since I didn't even get to the scrimmage part of the first practice where I initially hurt myself).

I did feel very OH CRAP I'M OUT HERE NOW REMIND ME WHAT I NEED TO DO, but I did get some good positional blocking on the other team's jammer and heard some "Go, Queenie!" cheers from the bench, which made me feel good.  I also realized that if you're positionally blocking the other team's jammer, you don't necessarily need to go for the big knock-out hit.  Someone else can do that for you.

So yeah, I got to scrimmage, wahoo, and I think I should be ok in time to be rostered for the April 14th bout (depending, of course, on what my captains say).

No comments:

Post a Comment