Monday, March 18, 2013

update

So the Crisis on Infinite Helmets is resolved.  I went to one of the local ice skating rinks and bought a proper helmet.  It was a few model levels higher than the one I originally wanted, but the guy knocked a few bucks off it 'cause he didn't have what I wanted available.  Sweet!  I just have to return the original helmet, but it's in my car all boxed up and properly labeled, waiting to be mailed off.

Saturday was the St. Patrick's Day Parade and OH MY GOD IT WAS FREEZING OUT.  It was so cold the duct tape we used to put posters on the wagon Maverick pulled wouldn't stick.  It started to snow and the pavement was getting wet so a lot of us didn't skate (myself included).  It was still fun, though; I really like doing it every year.

Sunday I went to practice (mostly because the A team was having a team bonding session and the B team was having practice - alts were told attendance at one or the other was mandatory - I felt more comfortable going to the B team practice because I would've felt like a hanger-on suck-up at the A team bonding session, but, well, dress for the job you want, I know that now).  I tried out the new helmet and discovered one flaw with it - there aren't any holes in it that are finger-width, so if I need to scratch my head I have to take the whole thing off.  Other than that it works pretty well, and I had people tell me I can work it pretty well.  I also managed to fall directly onto my left knee from a derby-stance height because I screwed up one of my 180 degree transitions.  It hurt for a while but it's okay now.  My poor knees.

Sunday afternoon I slept, because, well, that's what I do after Sunday morning practices.

Sunday evening was Boot Camp Help - four hours this time. Guh.  Even though I didn't end up really doing that much - helping out with pace lines, wrangling my wards from one station to another - I was like I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE, YOU CAN HELP THIS SKATER WITH THIS DRILL INSTEAD I'M GOING TO SIT HERE AND EAT DIPSY DOODLES.

So in happier news, it's Bout Week!  yay!  I have to sew my WFTDA patch onto my jersey, which won't take too long but it's something I have to remember to do. (I also want to sew some sort of crown on it, also, but that will take longer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment