Thursday, June 6, 2013

Practice night, yay!

So tonight is reassessment night and scrimmage.  They apparently plan to reassess us all in an hour; not sure how that's going to work, unless they're like "hey, we've watched you play and we know you can give whips and pushes and whatnot properly" and they're just going to have us do our 27 in 5 and jumping and weaving and whatnot.

Because our February bout was canceled because we didn't have a venue, they've added a July bout to our schedule.  This is cool, but it also means we really don't have any off-season, since home season practices start up in August (unless they adjust the home season and have it start in October, but I doubt they'll do that).

ECDX is coming up soon; very excited for that!  I think I'm going to buy myself a new set of Radar Diamonds; I've had my current set for about a year and a half and they're definitely starting to get cone-shaped.  Hopefully I won't have the issue finding natural ones like I did last time I went to ECDX.  Other than that, I'm fairly content with my skating equipment. 

Now I have to figure out what bouts to watch!  We'll probably end up getting there late on Friday so we will probably miss that stuff.  Saturday, our A team's first bout is the first one at 10:30am.  I'll wanna see Philly Block Party vs. the New Hampshire Cherry Bombs (the team we're playing at ECDX vs. a team we've already played) at 2:20pm.  Our A team's second bout is at 5:00pm.  Our bout is Sunday at 11:50am, and we'll probably leave shortly after that.  I know I have friends who are competing in fun bouts and I want to see as many of those as I can, but there also needs to be pool time and wandering around looking at stuff that's on sale time and hanging out with friends time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment