Tuesday, November 5, 2013

and so on and so forth

My knee continues to be about 95% fine.  Walking around a little bit this morning in my sneakers aggravated it; and the shoes I'm wearing now, which aggravated it before, are fine.  I DON'T GET IT.

On Sunday I was helping out at the "Women's Fest" at a local mall, and one of my teammates showed up with one of her green smoothies.  I was all "that is weird, that is scary" until she said "would you like to try it?" and I said "sure, why not" and it was SO TASTY.  So I decided yesterday to try making my own. 
  I pulled out Ye Olde Blender from Approximately 1976 from the kitchen cabinet and threw in a bunch of spinach, bananas, grapes, strawberries and Greek yogurt.

IT WAS AWESOME.

It was kinda bits-and-pieces-y and too thick to strain, so I just grinned and beared (bore?) with that.  But quite good indeed.  I will need to make more.

Went to the fitness center today to try a "Core Challenge" class.  The average age in the room was 65.  So, I amped up the exercises as much as I could, although at one point during a plank, the instructor told me to raise my butt up (WHICH RUNS CONTRARY TO EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER LEARNED EVER ABOUT PLANKS).  I also rediscovered my toothpick arms, as I went with 4 pound weights and was kinda like I'VE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE about halfway through.  So it was a good thing, all in all.


No comments:

Post a Comment