Friday, March 21, 2014

so it's been a while

I haven't had the best of weeks.  I didn't make the roster for tomorrow's bout, which was frustrating.  Granted, it's only the second time in five and a half years that I haven't made a roster for which I was eligible, and I made the roster for the bout on the 29th, but it still hurt, especially since I now have to spend the home bout doing production stuff, which is nowhere near as exciting as playing.

I've been going to Sunday morning practices.  The leadup to the first one was horrible, culminating in me bursting into tears on about five separate occasions, but it was better last week.  (we don't have practice this Sunday because of the bout, which is nice.)  

Unfortunately, this new-found determination to go to Sunday practices and to not give up on things like this has exacerbated my right shoulder.  I've had shoulder issues for over 15 years now, tendinitis, but I've been able to adapt my life around them.  Now, with pushups and planks and the like, it's gotten a lot worse.  I saw my doctor on Wednesday and he thinks I might have fucked up my rotator cuff.  (I have an appointment with the ortho guy I've seen in the past for my knees (apparently he's King Shoulder Guy) this upcoming Wednesday.  

I swear, it's so frustrating.  I try to do stuff beyond just derby and I end up putting myself out of commission with injuries.  Getting old really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment