Monday, December 27, 2010

MARY XMIS

So my little hip bag is totally awesome (and FAAAAAAAAAST with the shipping - I ordered it Wednesday and it arrived Friday).

I bought the black Stalker Heartless wheels yesterday, and did a little bit of skate maintenance.  Moved my right toe stop to my left skate and vice-versa (since I'm left-handed, I stop with my left skate 99.9% of the time and it was really worn down) and took my bearings out of my skates since they are FEELTHY again and need to be cleaned.  Roy has commandeered the basement for the week ("I AM GOING TO FINISH THE DINING ROOM REMODEL THIS WEEK, DAMMIT" was pretty close to his exact words) so I wasn't able to actually clean the bearings last night.  Maybe I will do it when I get home from work.

My Vanish wheels (the white ones) are more worn down than I remember them being - I might stick with the yellow Chasers again.  Will have to try 'em out.

(edit: just got word that we're not having practice tonight, so that means I won't get around to cleaning my bearings until right before next practice [which is the first official practice of the 2011 season]).

1 comment:

  1. So I'm one of those people that fall behind on my blog reading and then have to play catch-up.

    1.) I couldn't believe they didn't have roller derby scrapbook sets - I was looking for them too. They have rollerblades and ice skates dangit!

    2.) Don't feel bad about the gym thing, I still have a membership and haven't been in over a year. Ugh.

    3.) Congrats on making a team you're happy with!

    4.) What type of kneepads did you get? I just bought a pair of Triple 8 KP Pros and they are SOOOO much nicer than my TSGs!

    ReplyDelete