Tuesday, December 21, 2010

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay roller derby

I went to practice last night.  Offseason stuff is basically a free skate, but it was nice nice nice to put on my skates again.  And my kneepads? OMFG.  KITTENS AND CLOUDS AND SPRINGS AND SOFT PUFFYNESS! I'd go down, I'd bounce right back up!  It was amazing.

I do need new pusher wheels, though.  They're pretty worn and I was sliding around quite a bit.  (For those if you scoring at home, I use Heartless Voodoo [maroon, 86A] and Chaser [yellow, 92A].)  I also have a set of Vanish (white, 96A).  At the beginning of last season I tried using 92/96 and that was just a nightmare, so I went with 86/92.  Maybe this season I'll try 90/96.  (90A would be the green Creeper.)  They sell them at the rink where we practice, so I will probably just buy them there, rather than trying to find the best deal online, wait for them to ship, etc., etc., etc., only to save $5, if that.

I should probably also get a new helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment