Thursday, December 2, 2010

so wow, it *does* work

I know that I've mentioned before that unless I can see actual concrete number-type proof that exercising and all that is beneficial, I won't believe it.  My clothes can fit better, my clothes can fit worse, whatevs, but if that number on the scale stays the same, DAMMIT IT'S NOT WORKING.

(That is the back story #1 to the following.)

The last time I got bloodwork done was in June 2005, before I started this derby thang.  Keep in mind that my dietary habits have not changed that much.

(That is back story #2 to the following.)

I had a physical yesterday, and today I got the bloodwork results.

Cholesterol - was 218, now 191 (they like it under 200)
HDL (good cholesterol) - was 47, now 50 (they like it between 35 and 60, higher is better)
LDL (bad cholesterol) - was 129, now 126 (they like it between 120 and 129, lower is better)
Triglycerides - this is the big one.  They like it to be below 150.  An increased level is a sign of lack of physical activity.  Back in June '05, mine was 209.

Now? 73, baby!

 I AM FULL OF WIN AND HEALTHINESS WAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment