Monday, December 16, 2013

wheeeeee.....?

So this past Saturday was the league championship bout.  My team lost. :(  Oh well, I suppose it's only fair to share the wealth, 'cause we'd won it the last two years.

I bought a new set of wheels this weekend - I'd been intrigued by them all season and had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket.  I present - Adonis 92a's:

(the white wheels are my Radar Diamonds).




As you can see, they're a bit wider (36mm vs. 31mm) have a waaaaay smaller diameter (50mm v. 62mm).  (They're also lighter - one Diamond with bearings is about 4 ounces, one Adonis with bearings is a hair under 3 ounces.)   From what I have read, they're great for lateral movement and quick acceleration, but maintaining speed isn't as easy.    Maybe I'll go to open skate again on Saturday and try 'em out.

My knee, knock on wood, has been doing okay.  It was bugging me a bit after the bout (but I'd done mad mad walking - almost 20,000 steps per my pedometer).  Yesterday I went with Maverick to Five Below, and he was trying to make a shot with a basketball into the garbage can-type container they keep 'em in.  He missed, I jogged after it to get it before it hit anyone/anything, lost my footing.  Derby instinct kicked in, and I went down, knees first, onto the polished concrete floor. 

With no pads, of course.

 I was not happy.

Fortunately, the only damage seems to be some nice bruises.  My PT guy said it was good that I didn't try to twist my knee as I went down, 'cause that would've been really bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment