Friday, August 12, 2011

how my mind works

Last night we had our league meeting, as we usually do the Thursday before a bout.  This month one of the topics was the fact that elections for the 2012 Board of Directors are coming up in September and nominations and platforms are due in a few weeks.  Our league president this year is moving back to Texas in a few weeks, so she won't be going for re-election.

At one point, one of the skaters sitting in front of me turns around, looks at me and says "President?"

I literally cackled at her.

Then, on the way home, in my head.....

KICKTORIA #1: President?  Gah.  NO THANK YOU.

KICKTORIA #2: It *was* pretty cool that she thought of you for it.

KICKTORIA #1: True.  But no.

KICKTORIA #2: Well, no. Not President.  But how about a general board position?  The "WFTDA Liaison" position sounds interesting...

KICKTORIA #1: NO.

KICKTORIA #2: Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure?  It probably wouldn't be *too* time consuming...

KICKTORIA #1: SHUT UP RIGHT NOW.

KICKTORIA #2: You could find out what's going on with everything before everyone else...

KICKTORIA #1: I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU.

KICKTORIA #2: You didn't do anything leadership-wise with the league this year....

KICKTORIA #1: THAT'S BECAUSE I SPENT THE FIRST TWO YEARS DOING EVERYTHING FOR THE LEAGUE.  I HAVE EARNED THIS, DAMMIT.  I'M TURNING ON SPOTIFY RIGHT NOW.

KICKTORIA #2: You've got two weeks until platforms are due.  Think about it.

KICKTORIA #1: I KNOW YOU, LITTLE LIBERTINE....I KNOW YOU'RE A CANNONBALL

KICKTORIA #2: I'll be baaaaaaaack.....

No comments:

Post a Comment