Tuesday, August 2, 2011

to keep you all updated on the minutae of my life

THE TAX RETURNS ARE DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST HAVE TO GET THE LEAGUE PRESIDENT TO SIGN OFF ON THE NYS THING AND SHE'S DOING THAT THIS EVENING AND THEN I'M DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I didn't go to practice on Sunday because (a) I spent the day before at my brother-in-law's housewarming party, drinking and trying to smash lawn gnomes with jarts (the gnomes were down in a 30' valley from where we were standing) and (b) I told myself that if I finished the tax returns on Sunday (which I did, WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO) I wouldn't have to go.

I went to practice last night, but sat out 95% of it because (a) my knee was crazy sore and stiff and (b) I'd had gastro-intestinal distress earlier in the evening and hadn't quite recovered from it.  I'm okay for attendance, though.

There was a blogged review of our last bout online.  I kinda love it when my name gets mentioned in the "aren't these names cool?" part of stuff like this.  (Did I ever mention how I decided upon my name?  I had all sorts of awesome ideas* that were already in the database. Then I had other ideas which I only kinda liked.**  Then, on one website I frequent, someone was looking for ideas for *her* derby name, and in giving an example about how the names have to be unique, said "You can have 'Victoria Deck'em', but you can't have 'Kicktoria Deck'em'"  and I thought "I like Kicktoria.  Let's expand upon that."***.)

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new mouthguard.  I really despise the one I have now, even though my dentist made it for me.  It's big and bulky and occasionally when I get short of breath it keeps popping out.  I went with white because in photos it'll sort of look like normal teeth.

I also discovered this, which is totally and completely made of awesome, except for the part where someone in Australia swiped a graphic designed by Coach Dude and put it on fabric.  (That particular fabric is not for sale yet, but I'm still annoyed by it.) 

---
*I STILL love "Helena Handbasket".
** "Nom de Guerre", for example.
***During our last bout of last season, where the proceeds went towards breast cancer research and everyone adopted breast-related names, I became "Kicktoria's Secret".

No comments:

Post a Comment