Monday, August 29, 2011

Jeezly crow, Thursday is September

Ok, let's see.  Thursday night was scrimmage, which was scrimmage-tastic.  As usual.

Saturday was the 3rd annual Mad Derby Love party.  It's held at the house of one of my leaguemates - she's got a pool, a trampoline, a fire pit, a HUGE back yard, and everyone brings food and beverages and tents to stay overnight and basically has a crazy awesome time.  This year I learned:

1. Mead is awesome;
2. Apparently you are not supposed to chug absinthe;
3. I went into a fairly lengthy diatribe/rant about the periodic table and my obsession with selenium.*

At one point I also stepped sort of badly and hurt my ankle.  I realized that if I could still feel it in my mead/absinthe/whatever haze, I'd probably screwed it up pretty badly.  Cut to Sunday morning, where my ankle had ballooned and I couldn't really walk on it.

Oops.

It's doing better today; I can walk on it and it's only a little bit owie.  Fortunately we are not skating tonight (the floor at the rink is getting re-done) and I can fake my way through an off-skates workout.
-----------

*Junior year of high school was chemistry.  I basically sat right in front of the periodic table all year and fixated upon selenium for some reason.  It was used in traffic lights at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment