Wednesday, October 12, 2011

in which I kinda toot my own horn-ish

so Saturday was a bout night.  Our team wasn't officially playing, but we were able to scrimmage a team from Olean in the afternoon.  We won, which was cool.  We were far enough ahead that we decided to try a star pass, and I was pivot, so I got the star and then promptly got my fourth minor and had to sit. :(  But then when I came back in, I got lead jam and I think I got full points before the other jammer made it to the pack again.

Because our team wasn't playing the bout, we all had to sign up for bout production positions.  After picking where I wanted to work, I was asked if I could move to doing the 50/50 raffle, since it was a position that involved handling money and they wanted a league member to do that (and they had a Fresh Meat person available to do the position I'd signed up for).  So, I said "okay, I can do that" and signed up.

I decided that the best way to garner raffle ticket sales was if I went for the Hot Babe Selling Tickets look.  I wore my team t-shirt, my new DerbySkinz*, my cool Target clearance rack fishnets, the one pair of high heels I own.  I shook my hair out and did my best to work it.

The general reaction from my leaguemates was "wow, where did this side of you come from?"  I was told that during the bout, on the bench, I was getting commented on.   I am still waiting to see pictures, so I can see if I actually looked as good as I thought I did.  (I also don't know if the amount of tickets I sold was high, low or average.  I like to think it was high.)

---------------------
*The very first bout I skated, I wore knee-length sweat-pants material shorts.  I never in a million years thought I'd wear booty shorts, but...here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment