Wednesday, November 16, 2011

oh, so it's been a while

I wasn't rostered for the season finale.  It's only fair, I suppose, I've been rostered for every single other bout this season, but it's still annoying/frustrating.  I had a bunch of people who bought tickets to see me play and I had to be all "um, sorry, guys!  maybe next season?"  Fortunately, they understood.

Anyway, after the 19th we're on break until the first of the year.  I'll still be helping out with the Fresh Meat on Sundays, and starting in December we'll have Thursday night pick-up scrimmages (don't know if I'll be able to attend those, since I feel I've already asked my Dad a lot having him watch Maverick the last few months), so really things won't change that much.

I've picked up a position of authority for next season - I'll be in charge of tickets.  I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.  But it's only for five bouts* SO IT'S OKAY.  They really needed someone to do it and I DON'T KNOW WHEN TO SAY "NO", so it's my own fault.

So, the derby year is winding down.  I have to say it was much, much, much better than last season, and not just because I DIDN'T HAVE ANY FAMILY MEMBERS DIE ON ME.  I got a break from the behind-the-scenes administrative stuff of the league, I got some confidence boosts, I lost 25 pounds, I learned a lot, I got closer to a lot of skaters on the league, I had fun.

So it's all good.

-----
Now that we're WFTDA, we need to adjust our schedule so that our A team plays in the first half of the year, so as to get rankings.  So we're running a "patch" season from January - June that's travel teams again, and the home teams will run from September - December.  Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment