Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ow

We didn't have practice on Halloween, so we practiced yesterday with the A-team.  At one point during scrimmaging I landed on my chest with my arm flung back, so now my shoulder is killing me.

One drill we did is called Three Corners, which is basically Four Corners without the skater from Turn 3 joining in.  Usually we only have dedicated jammers starting at Turn 4, but this time we all did.

Some highlights from my tenure as jammer:

1. I got a full-on, nothing-held-back hit from someone's shoulder right into my sternum, and I didn't wobble.  I think I heard some "wow"s from people.

2. The two blockers who were supposed to keep me back took each other out, so I was able to get by them easily.  I screamed "STEVEN BRADBURY!" as I went past.

I replaced all the truck hardware on my skates - new pivot cups, bolts, washers, what have you.  I FEEL ALL NEW AND POWERFUL NOW. 


No comments:

Post a Comment