Monday, November 28, 2011

it's monday and I don't have practice? BIZARRO

still in the off season, though I've been skating Sundays and Tuesdays with our new and returning unrostered skaters, which we call the Quarry (Roc Quarry, get it?)  It's a lot of fun.  We had one drill that concentrates on track awareness and agility and getting around obstacles - skate in a pack, and everyone in the pack (except one person) falls randomly, or skates the wrong way, what have you - and it's the responsibility of the one skater to get out of their way.  Reaction time and all that.  I was in that drill as the hitter, and I was going at about 60% of my full force, and they were going OMG YOU HIT SO HARD!

Heh.

I've discovered that I'm a terrible teacher, though.  They ask me how to do crossovers and plow stops and I'm like "um....honestly, I just do them."  It's hard for me to break it down into steps.  But I try my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment