Wednesday, January 9, 2013

so! um. I'm just going to take a nap here

So I had my first A team practice last night.  I got the impression it was not as hardcore as it will be in the future.  It was mostly drills and the like - there are some people who still need to be placed on a team, so the tryout process was still going on - and I slogged my way through it more or less.

Afterwards, I met with the A team coach and she showed me my evaluation sheet for the tryout process. They graded it out of 100 - if you got above a 60, you're an alternate, and if you got above a 75, you're an A team member.  I got a 66.25.   Basically it boiled down to:
  • my fitness is crappy (I got a 4.5 out of 10)
  • my agility is crappy (I can't do hockey stops to save my life, I bobbled the obstacle course in a buncha places* and the less said about my one-on-one positional blocking, the better)
  • my attitude is great and my team work is really good as well.
Then I went home and could not turn my brain off to save my life. I think I got about an hour and a half of sleep, tops.

Gaaah. We'll see how long I can keep this up.
----------------
*I had an off day on agility and skills day (and the coaches noticed this as well).  There are one or two things I screwed upon the obstacle course that I know I would nail on a second attempt, and I got marked off on a thing I wasn't aware that I had to do (I went first on the obstacle course, and after the second or third person they told us we had to do our tomahawks in both directions).

No comments:

Post a Comment