Wednesday, May 22, 2013

bout week BUT NOT FOR ME WEEP WEEP

I am frowny-facey.

Got to try out my new toeguards at Monday's practice - I need to change the lacing a little, 'cause they were moving around a bit.  Everyone thinks they're awesome, though.

No practice for me on Thursday - Maverick's got a band concert - no bout for me on Saturday, I'm out of town, no practice on Sunday, I'm out of town, no practice on Monday for Memorial Day.  LONG TIME WITH NO SKATING SOB.

One of my teammates who came back after having a baby (in MARCH, good Lord, and she hasn't missed a beat) said "you are FEARLESS out there," after I spent a fair amount of one jam skating backwards and was able to knock the jammer out of bounds (although admittedly while I was backwards I was like okay I really do need to turn around at some point but if I do I'll probably fall so I'll just stay skating backwards).

I am wearing my strappy heeled sandals today to make sure they'll be okay to wear this weekend at the wedding.  I do NOT have strappy heeled sandal feet.  I have derby feet.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment