Friday, May 17, 2013

if I were a racehorse they'd've shot me by now

last night at practice, part of our off-skates warmup involved this thing where you stand with your right foot on this bench that is probably about 18"-2' off the ground, and your left foot is kind of hanging there.  You have to bring your left knee up and then drop it down, barely touch the ground with your left foot, and repeat.

Well, I started doing that, except I lost my balance, rolled my left ankle and fell. 

I sat out practice with a wrapped ankle (our Safety Czar was there and he's an ambulance crew guy) and an icepack and was just generally really really pissed.  I didn't get to play because of a stupid off-skates exercise.  I also didn't get to try out my new toe guards!

these are the most amazing toe guards EVER
I'm not skating in next Saturday's bout (wedding to attend, don't'cha know) so I do have a little bit of time to heal it.  (I was going to go orienteering with Maverick tomorrow morning but it looks like that's not going to happen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment