Friday, May 31, 2013

indeed with the indeedery

last night's practice was horrible and miserable because it was so freaking hot and humid - everyone was completely dripping and leaving sweat angels on the floor after the off-skates portion.

Next Thursday we all have to re-evaluate for the new WFTDA minimum skills.  In theory, I'm not worried, but in practice, I have to retrain myself not to use my hands to get up from a two-knee fall.  The weaving part (10 cones on the straightaway and curve, no more than 5 feet apart, in less than 6 seconds) is also a concern, but mostly because I have no real concept of how long six seconds is and if I go too fast in weaving I often overshoot (witness my travel team tryout).  Then there's the "standing on one skate for 30 seconds while standing still".  Um, okay?


1 comment: