Thursday, May 23, 2013

TMI again, you've been warned again

so I FINALLY heard from my gynecologist about the results from my urodynamics thing (only TWO AND A HALF WEEKS LATER.  ANYWAY).  He didn't say anything about the ligament being torn, and gave me two options:

1. Biofeedback, wherein they use a probe (lovely) to electrically stimulate the muscles around my urethra (even lovelier).  Six sessions, each a week to two weeks apart, 60% success rate.

2. Surgery, with all the six weeks of recuperation and a 90% success rate.

I decided to go for the former first, to see how it goes.  Funnily enough (and by "funnily enough" I mean NOT FUNNY AT ALL), he suggested the biofeedback when I first approached him about this issue back in SEPTEMBER but my insurance wouldn't cover it then.  Now that I have an official diagnosis, they most likely will, though, which is FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING AND GRAR.

But, on the other hand, I can get it done now, and if it works, hey, no surgery!  Eee!

No comments:

Post a Comment