Thursday, April 5, 2012

might as well update

yesterday I finished the helmet covers for CNYRD - sixteen total.  I'm improving my technique with each one, I think, but I still am having trouble cutting the stars so they look pretty (I can't do it with a rotary cutter because I can't get the cutter into the angle at the center of the star, so I have to trace them, which is kind of a pain.  I've tried the thing where you fold the fabric and make a single cut to make a star (a la Betsy Ross) but I don't cut at the proper angle and it turns into a blob) and then I have trouble sewing them on so they don't all bunch up.

Pivot covers, though, I'm a frickin' expert.

scrimmage tonight, should be fun.  Hopefully I will get my act together and won't feel like such a waste on the track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment