Friday, April 20, 2012

a realization or two or three or twelve or one

I'm not very agile on my skates.  I can't hop around and juke around other players.  I need to work on that.

I can, however, take a hit pretty well. (I think.)  I was jamming last night against the A team and they'd wind up and hit me with everything they had and I'd bobble, but not fall.  (Although that's another thing I need to work on.  When they'd gear up to hit me, I'd brace myself for the hit, rather than moving out of its way.)

Another thing I do quite frequently is I'll spin to get out of a tough situation, or in the aftermath of a hit (giving one or receiving one).  It came in very handy last night, when I was able to pirouette out of the way of one of the A team's heaviest hitters to break the pack.

I also need to get lower.  When I'm low, it's easy to get past other players.  NEED TO REMEMBER THAT.

Tomorrow's my first bout with my team in almost six months.  I'm kinda glad it's an away bout, as if I horrifically embarrass myself, it'll be in front of strangers.

----

Oh, the Fuel Band thing worked AWESOMELY during scrimmage.  It tucked right under my wrist guard, and I got about 1000 points for the practice.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment