Monday, July 8, 2013

the end is in sight, or something

so the season is winding down - only two more bouts to go (an intraleague scrimmage and one official bout in one weekend).  Then about three weeks off before home teams start.

My surgery (and holy hell I cannot WAIT to have that surgery ZOMFG) will throw a monkey wrench into that, though.  Our first practice back is a league meeting on August 8 (I will be out of town), with the first home team practice on the 12th.  I'll only be able to do a few practices before the 21st (the date of my surgery).  I wonder if it's worth paying dues for that month (who am I kidding, of course I'll pay dues and go to practices).

I'm a bit worried that I will lose the semblance of fitness that I have amassed over the past whatever, too.  I've been told I can't lift more than 10 pounds for a significant period of time afterward, and can't do any sort of abdominal exercises for the same.  I could probably swim, but I don't know about submerging myself in water after that sort of procedure.  I'll have to ask.

(In a little bit of amusery, my husband and I got into a pick-up game of kickball on the 4th of July.  The next day he was complaining about how sore his legs were; I was like "oh yeah, that's right, I played kickball."  Heh.)


No comments:

Post a Comment