Friday, July 5, 2013

so! ECDX!

we lost our bout against the Philly Block Party (a pickup team of theirs), 139-70. 

EXCUSES I COULD AND WILL MAKE:

We were down a lot of our key players for one reason or another.
They played a lot of A team people.

It was fun, though.  I have no regrets.  Well, I do have one - I regret that I couldn't jump right into the pool (uniform and all) after the bout, but that was because it was raining and the pool was closed.

But yeah, ECDX was soooo fun.  Lots of derby to be watched, lots of stuff to buy, lots of hanging out with friends.   I definitely recommend it to anyone in the Eastern time zone.

I did buy new Radar Diamond wheels, and good LORD I needed them:

exact same type of wheel.  old one on the left.  EEP
 I made sure to label each one as to where on my skate it is (RIB = right skate, inner side, back wheel; LOF = left skate, outer side, front wheel, etc.) so that I can actually keep track of how they wear down YES I HAVE BEEN SKATING FOR ALMOST FIVE YEARS AND I'VE NEVER KEPT TRACK OF STUFF LIKE THAT.  It was a little wonky skating on them on Monday 'cause they were so new, but whatevs.

I also got purple Shwings because I'm a dork.  Between that and my new toe guards my skates are way over accessorized.

I am, however, running into a problem with the toeguards - the way my laces set and the way the loop you put your laces through on the toeguard run, the toeguards move around a lot.  That plus the fact that the tongue on my skates moves around all the time makes me think I should sew some sort of elastic to keep it in place.  But the problem with sewing elastic is that sometimes I do need to move the tongue completely out of place (like when I'm putting new insoles in or whatnot).  WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment