Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I SKATED I SKATED I SKATED I SKATED I SKATED I SKATED

Sunday - I figured three days wasn't going to make that much of a difference, and it was the first night of Boot Camp and the coach of that needed help, so I went and I SKATED I SKATED I SKATED!

I've lost endurance, and I started getting a blister but IT WAS SO NICE TO SKATE.  OMG IT WAS WONDERFUL.

The league's rule is that when you return from a Leave of Absence, the coach of Boot Camp and New Skaters has to make sure you're not a danger on the track before you can skate in your home team practices.  Fortunately, that coach is also a teammate, so when I showed up at practice last night I was like "hey, I know you were busy last night watching the new folks, but I didn't look like I was a risk, did I?" and she said "no, I'll let the Head of the Coaches Committee know I've cleared you back to home practices."

YAAAAAAY!

I'm still no contact; planning on waiting another two weeks.  (That puts me right after the October bout and will allow me to make attendance for November.)

But I got to skate!  With my team!  It was wonderful!  Yay! 

And I do have to admit, I feel more motivated to do stuff outside of practice - I have to make up a lot of ground to get back to where I was.

ONWARD AND UPWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment