Tuesday, October 22, 2013

you're the update, you're the update, you're the update boy or girl

so yesterday my knee was sort of at about a 1-2 pain level.  It was HAY I'M HERE AND I'M YOUR KNEE AREN'T YOU LUCKLY.  So, I took some Advil before practice.

It was fine for the first 1:45 of our two hour practice, and only at the end did it start to ache.  Yay!!!!!!!

It was really really really nice being back on the track.  I could tell my endurance was down - at one point during a drill I got sent out of bounds and I was like "Okay, I'm just going to stand here out of bounds for a second before I go back in."  I also left the inside line waaaay open during a jam or two during the scrimmage part.  My coach said I looked great out there, so that's something.

My heart rate monitor went batshit insane.  My average heart rate was 161 (for my age, 90% max is 162).  My maximum was 192.  For my "zone" limits (118-154), I only spent about 35 minutes in that range, as opposed to the 1:49 duration of my exercising.  Whee?

Finally, I just (as in, about half an hour ago) did a 3 month fitness membership on Groupon for a place not too far from my work for $36 total.  Figure in theory I can go there after work and spend some time.  In theory, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment