Friday, October 4, 2013

onward and upward continued

Last night was scrimmage, but I didn't skate.  The B team is getting together for one last-minute bout this weekend, and the first half of the night was exclusively for those who were gonna be going.  Since I'm not going, I didn't skate, and I can only go for half the practice time on Thursdays, so I wouldn't have skated anyway.  Plus, I had a little bit of twinging in my left knee that I didn't want to exacerbate.

But, I went anyway.  Our Safety Czar for the league was starting to do baseline testing for concussions and I wanted to get that done ASAP.  Basically, we had to read a bunch of numbers on a card in a certain order and whatnot, and there was a section where there was, say, the word "red" in blue ink and you had to say the color of the word rather than the word itself (the red ink on whatever printer had been used was running low, so I was like "blue....purple....streaky red....yellow....streaky orange") and then repeat lists of words and numbers given to us.

From where I was standing, I could see my times on the timekeeper's spreadsheet, as well as those of the people who took the test before me, and I actually got upset/annoyed that on the color/word test, I got a slow time.  Competitive much?  Sheesh.

I was elected as Lead WFTDA Rep, so this will be the my third (non-consecutive) term on the league's Board of Directors (this upcoming term will be the 6th term). 

In non-derby but still fitness-related news, I bought a pair of parkour shoes (these ones, which are the same kind my instructor has).  I thought they'd be insanely expensive, but $16 SIGN ME UP.  If they work well, I'll get a pair for Maverick.  I know he wants to go on with it after the lessons I bought are over.

I have to exercise today.  That whole 7 minute workout thing seems to work for me - it's long enough that I actually feel like I accomplished something, but it's only 7 minutes long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment