Monday, October 14, 2013

so things continue apace

Our first half-hour bout on Saturday did not start well - at one point we were behind 22-1.  But we kept chugging along and chugging along until we got to the last jam, less than a minute to go, and we were behind, 63-54. 

(I, of course, was watching from right outside of the box office, screaming at the top of my lungs.)

Our jammer got lead, and our blockers held their jammer back, and back, and back.  Scoring pass - 5 points.  Other jammer breaks the pack.  They're both exhausted, you can see it in their skating.  Other jammer is about 1/2 the track behind our jammer.  Second scoring pass - 4 points and she calls it.

It's a tie.  Everyone is freaking the hell out. 

Everyone lines up for the overtime jam.  Points are scored on the initial pass.  No lead jammer, it goes for two minutes.

And....go!

Our jammer scores points.  Their jammer scores points.  Our jammer scores points.  Their jammer scores points.  Two minutes pass.  The scoreboard reads 79-78, our team on top.

Finally, FINALLY the officials blow the whistle and the bout is over and WE WON YAAAAAAAAAAY.

(we won the second bout handily.) :)

In other news, I had my PT session today.  I went to a place that's right around the corner from my house that looked like it was last remodeled back in the early 80's, in a "Basement" style. The guy was really nice, though; he did ultrasound stuff on my knee and said it looked like it was healing nicely and I should just take one more week off and then I should be good to go.  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment