Friday, October 25, 2013

***sigh***

So I went to scrimmage last night - it went pretty well.  I know I wasn't where I was before, ability-wise, but my coach said I did well on blocking and how she "always wanted me out there", which was nice.  Because it was Thursday, I had to leave after only half an hour of scrimmaging.  Drove home with no problems (manual transmission, don't'cha know)

I got home and my knee was so bad I thought it would buckle out from underneath me if I put any sort of weight on it at all.  I had to drag my leg behind me when walking from the sofa to the freezer to get an ice pack. 

This morning, it was essentially fine.  Just a slight ache. 

So, I have a call into the ortho guy.   My guess is that I'll have to take at least another two weeks off (since he said it would probably take 4-6 weeks to recover, and this would be week 3), which means I would be out for the November bout.  Tryouts for the travel teams start in two weeks, so I'd be out for that.  But then it becomes a question of - is this something that will bother me for the rest of my life?  Should I take travel season off too?  But can I be on the Board of Directors if I'm off-skates?  I don't WANT to take that much time off skates.  Would becoming a referee reduce the stress on my knee?  Do I want to become a referee?  I'm frustrated, and can't decide what to do.  I'm in a holding pattern until I hear back from the ortho guy (who already called, but I missed his call 'cause I was talking with my boss). 

stupid parkour.

No comments:

Post a Comment