Monday, January 3, 2011

happy 2011!

So I am SO COMPLETELY READY to play some roller derby, people!  (Well, maybe not SO COMPLETELY, as I still have not cleaned my bearings*.)   Our first team practice is tonight, YAAAAAAY, and I am going to be turning all the treasurer stuff to the new treasurer, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, and just have some fun this year, because I am tired of life sucking.

One of my teammates got married on Saturday so a bunch of us were at the wedding and it was sooooooo much fun, although my legs hurt from dancing.  oops :)

*Somewhere in the last year or so I apparently became the league's bearing cleaning expert.  No idea how that happened.  But, if anyone reading this wants to learn how to turn one's bearings from FEELTHY FEELTHY bearings into SPARKLINGLY KLEEN bearings, these are what I use as my instructions.  And, if you accidentally break apart the bearing so that all the little balls fly all over the place, this video will show you how to put them together. And, if you're cleaning them outside on the steps of your house, and the little balls go flying everywhere in the crawlspace under your steps, they *are* magnetic, so you can tape a magnet to a knitting needle and dig around in the crawlspace trying to collect them.  Not that I've ever had to do that or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment